Are you a business owner that needs to lodge a Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR) for this financial year?
The taxable payments reporting system aims to create a level playing field – to prevent dishonest operators from gaining an unfair advantage over the majority. The information collected in the TPAR enables the identification of contractors who are not meeting their tax obligations.
If you have made payments to contractors that provide the following services, you will be required to lodge a TPAR:
- building and construction services – this category is very broad; it includes plumbing, architectural, electrical, plastering, carpentry, engineering and a wide range of other activities;
- cleaning services – this includes interior and exterior cleaning of structures, vehicles, machinery and cleaning for events;
- courier services or road freight services – this includes delivery of items or goods (such as parcels, packages, letters and food) by motor vehicle, bicycle or on foot, the transportation of freight by road, truck hire with driver, and road vehicle towing services;
- information technology (IT) services – this includes writing, modifying, testing or supporting software to meet a client’s needs, whether on site or remotely through the internet;
- security, investigation or surveillance services – this includes patrolling and guarding people, premises or property; watching or observing an area and monitoring security systems; and investigation specifically related to security and surveillance, not just information gathering.
All TPARs for the 2021 financial year are due by 28 August 2021.
Do you have outstanding TPARs?
You should lodge any outstanding TPARs immediately, otherwise you may be charged penalties.
Please contact me on 0447 519 084 if you need assistance lodging your TPAR.